On this episode of The Abundant Accountant Podcast, Hugh Duffy of Build Your Firm is our guest. Hugh is the consummate marketing coach for accountants and takes pride in the impact that it has on their practice and lives. Hugh has more than thirty years of marketing experience. Since 2003, he has been teaching accountants how to improve their marketing and make more money from their accounting practice. He has been instrumental in helping accountants develop a niche within their practice and today, Build Your Firm is the industry leader with over thirty niche website options to choose from.
Hugh has also been instrumental in developing Build Your Firm’s Outsourced Marketing Program, enabling him to manage the marketing behind the scenes for many accounting firms and directly contributing to their practice success. He has also spearheaded the development of two niche associations, the Dental Accounting Association and Veterinarian CPA Association.
Hugh joins this episode to share his top four tips on how accountants can attract more ideal clients to their business. Clients that are willing to pay you premium rates and receive your premium services.
If you’re an accountant who is ready to start drumming up your ideal clients for your business, then this episode of The Abundant Accountant Podcast is a MUST LISTEN!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle Introduces Hugh Duffy and his business, Build Your Firm.
- The goal is that accounting firms leverage marketing to find an abundance of the right kind of clients based on their specific niche.
- “Sales and marketing are like the Ying and the Yang” ~ Hugh Duffy. They work together to help you get to the right clients!
- When you market yourself well, you will have clients coming to YOU and saying “you are the kind of person I want to work with!”
- First, you have to really define that ideal client.
- Instead of just looking at what you want, often you can define that client by finding what you don’t want! Reverse engineer the process.
- “Finding that client is like dating: you look through the deal-breakers to find that perfect match.” ~ Hugh Duffy
- By defining your ideal client, you’re finding the person that you can serve the most effective way possible.
- Accountants are not typically taught to work on serving a niche, however, serving a particular niche will help you find the right clients who will come to you and find you.
- Having a niche, and serving it well, sets you apart!
- The goal is that a potential client sees you and your expertise and thinks “this person knows me, and knows my needs!”
- You can use a website to posture yourself as a niche expert – websites are an affordable way to be able to show potential clients that you are equipped to serve them.
- As you’re showcasing yourself as an expert in a niche, continue to do the work to be the expert in that niche! Learn the tax codes, the loopholes, everything that you can to serve your clients well in whichever specific niche you choose.
- Social media can be used to connect and market yourself, but there’s no “one size fits all” answer.
- The key to social media is that whatever you do, you do it consistently and nurture it so that it is effective.
- Video can be a great connecting point with people – most accountants don’t do it, so you can set yourself apart by using video!
- Hugh sums up his four thoughts on what accountants can do TODAY to find your ideal leads.
Learn More & Connect With Me Here!
- Read The Abundant Accountant Blog
- Build Your Firm website
- Hugh’s LinkedIn
- Join us on Facebook
- Follow Michelle on LinkedIn
P.P.S. Do You want to MAKE MORE MONEY, WORK FEWER HOURS?
Join me so you can unlock the secrets to growing a profitable accounting firm with less stress by joining our upcoming Abundant Accountants Masterclass!
You will learn:
- The easiest ways to sift through clients and get to the RIGHT ideal clients!
- Proven tactics to actually get paid instead of giving away FREE advice!
- How to stop competing on price FOREVER!
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Abundant Accountant Community today: