Have you ever finished pitching a prospective client using THE BEST sales methods you know and feel certain they’re going to say YES…but instead of a YES, you hear NO?
This can be devastating, but I have you covered in this episode!
I’ve made the same mistake! I had a prospective client ask me a question and I got so excited answering the question that I never stopped talking and I ended up losing the sale.
Considering all of the hard work we do trying to learn every sales technique out there, it doesn’t surprise me that sometimes we over-talk and stop listening.
In this episode, I’m sharing four tips on how to stop talking and make the call about your prospective client so you can close the sale with success!
Are you an accountant who has spent a great deal of time learning the different sales processes, only to put them ALL to use on one sales call? If you’re ready to learn how stop selling after the client is already sold, this episode of The Abundant Accountant Podcast is a MUST LISTEN!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces herself and the topic of today’s episode: not overselling your clients.
- We hear this all the time: people who thought that a client was going to enroll with them, and then they lost the sale! You think you have a connection, but it got lost somewhere along the way.
- The question you need to determine is how do you draw the line, and when do you stop talking to close the sale?
- 90 percent of selling is conviction and only 10 percent is persuasion.
- If you already have the right solution for your client, it’s really easy to influence a positive outcome of the sales conversation.
- People want to know that they are working with the best!
- “When you’re confident in what you offer, and you’re confident in your fees, and you’re confident in your services, and you’re confident in the results you can deliver, that confident acts as an influence to your prospects sitting in front of you.”
- Don’t forget that confident doesn’t mean cocky.
- Certainty will lead to influence.
- Whoever talks the least asks the best questions and is the real winner.
- When your client talks a lot, that is a good sign!
- The person in front of you is the person you’re here to help and serve.
- Prepare ahead so you can understand where you are leading people in your sales conversations.
- If you’re talking too much, you’re not listening to what your client’s needs are.
- When you’re not talking, your client is telling you key information about themselves that you need to know!
- If a client tells you they are ready to work with you, stop selling and ask for the sale! Learn to listen for those cues so you’re not overselling your clients and know when to ask them to work with you so you can close the deal.
- There are multiple ways you can force yourself to stop talking: count to ten, take a drink of coffee, or ask clarifying questions.
- If they ask “how can we get started,” that is your cue! Stop talking and ask them which form of payment will work best, Visa or Mastercard?
- Don’t be hesitant to ask for payment.
- Having a sales process in place helps you to not give away your time for free.
Learn More & Connect With Me Here!
P.S. It’s time to zip your lips and listen! Selling is serving, so taking the time to listen to what your client needs and wants, will allow you to serve them to the best of your abilities. If you want to learn more THIS BLOG POST is for you!
P.P.S. Do You want to MAKE MORE MONEY, WORK FEWER HOURS?
Join me so you can unlock the secrets to growing a profitable accounting firm with less stress by joining our upcoming Abundant Accountants Masterclass!
You will learn:
- The easiest ways to sift through clients and get to the RIGHT ones!
- Proven tactics to actually get paid instead of giving away FREE advice!
- How to stop competing on price FOREVER!