Do you think that the ONLY way you can bring in new clients is by giving away all of your advice?
It’s time to put a stop to that! You want to start sharing the results you’re going to get for your clients but NOT how you’ll do it. If you tell them how to save them money, they can take that information and find another accounting professional who will do the same work for cheaper!
That’s exactly the OPPOSITE of what we want.
Instead, walk your accounting prospects through the amazing results you’ve found for them, and let that speak for itself. But only after you are paid. Anything prior to receiving payment shall be presented as what findings you found that could benefit them.
In this Abundant Accountant podcast episode, I’m sharing how one of my students Stephen was able to share ways he could save a prospect $150K in the first year of doing a tax plan and $30K in the subsequent years, without telling them how he would execute and do the work.
Tune in to learn 5 actionable ways (plus a 6th bonus tip!) that you can use to build trust with current and future clients. This trust will help you grow your firm and find your ideal clients!
If you’re ready to build up the trust and build up your firm revenue, then this episode of The Abundant Accountant Podcast is a MUST LISTEN!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle shares how giving free advice doesn’t help your firm – it actually hurts you!
- What is the definition of TRUST, and why is it so important for your firm?
- Tip #1 – give a “sample” of the work, not the whole “meal.” When you provide your prospects with the full meal that is like giving away all of your knowledge for free.
- Don’t tell your potential client HOW you will do the work – tell them WHAT the end result will be! The how to a client is actually irrelevant until you are paid.
- If you tell them how they can go find someone else to do the work for a cheaper cost.
- Be strategic about how you communicate – sometimes your genius can hurt you.
- Tip #2 – show the human side of the business.
- We get caught up in the details and the numbers, but our clients also want to know about US! Don’t be afraid to show your personality. Clients truly do want to connect with you on a non work level.
- Give clients the chance to connect with the human side of the business – how your firm is changing clients lives, and your own life!
- Make an “about me” page on your website, and make sure that you have a good picture of yourself.
- Tip #3 – make yourself available for inquiries.
- Be ready and able to field inquiries. Be reachable even if it’s through an assistant.
- Consider installing a live chat function on your website so that potential clients can reach out to you.
- Create unique touch points with clients to set yourself apart from the competition.
- Tip #4 – be clear about what your client should expect.
- Rule of thumb: Underpromise and over-deliver!
- Make sure that your client knows expectations regarding accessibility, potential charges, or anything else related to the engagement that they engaged with you in.
- Create boundaries, clearly, define them with your client, and stick to them.
- Tip #5 – make sure that you follow through!
- If you say you’ll do something, DO IT!
- Operate in integrity in all aspects of your firm.
- People pay premium prices for your services when they trust you!
- BONUS tip: Create a Yelp business account so that you can have testimonials and reviews from current clients. Yelp will help bring you business! Check out Episode 14 of The Abundant Accountant Podcast to hear how Yelp helped build Aleksey Kaplans business.
- Michelle invites listeners to pick 3 of these tips and implement them at their firm so that they can stop giving away free advice and be paid their value!
Learn More & Connect With Me Here!
P.S. Stop indirectly sending your prospects to other accounting firms, by telling them exactly how to save more money! Read THIS BLOG POST and learn how to share findings and ideas with prospects without giving away the HOW.
P.P.S. As an accounting professional, I know you’re used to taking on anyone who knocks on your door, tired of not getting paid for your knowledge and your worth, or struggling with inconsistent cash flow during the offseason.
It’s not your fault! I know that nobody is training you on how to fix these problems and connect the dots.
That’s why I created my Selling Without Ever Selling System. I’m so excited about this that I’m offering you a free coaching session so I can share this information with you too. Let me help you get your IDEAL clients coming to YOU so you can build your dream practice and still have the time and money to enjoy your family and kids.
Head on over to theabundantcall.com to schedule your coaching session with me and my team!